Performance Contracting Engineer – GRP MECHANICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.
Service, Commercial, and Performance Contracting Division Heads
Position Purpose: Insure the achievement of the Division revenue by effectively managing the development of projects. This will involve customer relations, supporting sales team, and managing the development/engineering process for projects that may involve new or existing customers in any division within the company.
• Assess customer needs and develop solutions for customer needs.
• Manage the estimating, writing, and presentation of solution based proposals.
• Coordinate engineering and subcontractors to secure firm costs for implementing energy and non-energy based solutions for customer needs.
• Cultivate effective business relationships with engineer’s contractors and Company’s employees to provide solutions and services to meet the customer’s requirements.
• Have ownership of designs and estimates as well as assist in the planning of implementation of the project with project managers.
• Follow established Company processes and help develop processes that would improve Company.
• Educate prospective clients on Company’s offerings through presentations, meetings, and conferences.
This position requires an individual with successful Engineering experience in solutions based development. Good communication and customer management skills are essential to this position. The ability to effectively orchestrate Company’s team to provide solid solutions for the customer’s needs is mandatory.
To function effectively in this position requires an individual to be able to:
• Communicate effectively with diverse group of individuals.
• Travel to job sites and customer facilities. Some overnight travel will be required.
• Lift and carry packages, tools, and equipment weighing up to 74 pounds.
• Operation of normal office equipment including computers and related support of equipment.
• Experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• AutoCADNisio experience preferred.
• Presentations skills and experience with groups involving 12 or more people.
• Experience with standard energy calculations a plus.
• Existing building auditing and HVAC controls experience a plus.
• Building energy modeling experience a plus.
• Looking for an individual with at least 5 years of Energy and HVAC experience either through focused education in the area or in the field experience. Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related HVACR Engineering Technology Degree. PE or path to a PE. Other energy related certifications, CEM, LEED are a plus.
Vice President Performance Contracting
GRP Mechanical Company, Inc. 1 Mechanical Dr.
Bethalto, IL 62010
Desk: 618-258-9231 Cell: 618-225-9367