What you will do
The Account Executive is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our expansion into direct sales of HVAC Equipment locally we are adding new sales executives to our team. This is based in our St. Louis MO office and serves our existing territory which includes Southern IL and Eastern MO. You will be calling on Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractor accounts selling our entire HVAC Equipment portfolio. Looking for a seasoned HVAC sales professional who will develop this territory and grow the business.
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls/York HVAC Equipment offerings to Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractors. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to the construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners.
How you will do it
• Actively participate on select key and target customer account teams; obtain and close sales on a monthly basis; achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Build partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of HVAC Equipment offerings. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within assigned accounts.
• Utilizes sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increase business opportunities across all assigned accounts.
• With assigned contractors, consistently perform take-offs and bid on projects encompassing the full spectrum JCI offerings.
• Target new customers based on account management and market strategies.
• Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls as a total building environment supplier.
• Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractor accounts while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on all opportunities to allow the customer to achieve their business objectives.
• Builds partnering relationships with the owner construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Control offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
• Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with our strategy. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls.
• Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
• Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction and effectively address issues.
• You will work at times with other sales representatives and/or agents partnering to maximize sales.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Five years of successful field sales experience in HVAC building systems
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business
• Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
Link to apply
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TODAY FOR THE SEPTEMBER CHAPTER PAST PRESIDENTS MEETING.
Date: September 10, 2017
Location: Spazio Westport 12031 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146
10:15 AM– 10:45 AM Registration & Networking
10:45 AM – 11:45 AM Technical Session
11:45 AM – 1:10 PM Lunch and Main Session
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION
August Chapter Meeting
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Sheet Metal Workers Local 36, 2319 Chouteau, Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63103
5:30 PM– 6:15 PM Registration & Networking
6:15 PM – 7:30 PM Brief Remarks & Building Tour
Case Studies in Distributed Energy Systems
In partnership with USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter
Distributed Energy Systems (DES) is a term which encompasses a diverse array of generation, storage, energy monitoring and control solutions. DES technologies represent a paradigm shift and offer building owners and energy consumers significant opportunities to reduce cost, improve reliability and secure additional revenue through on‐site generation and dynamic load management.
•Define smart energy buildings
•Examine current market & opportunities (Urban Community Energy)
•Explore the impact of Distributed Energy Systems on wider energy ecosystems
Graham Morin, Distributed Energy Systems Specialist, Siemens
Graham has over 20 years of experience delivering energy management and efficiency solutions to industrial, institutional and utility clients. Most recently he has been involved in the commercialization of battery energy storage technologies for use by utilities and large end-users of electricity to stabilize the electric grid, improve the economics of power delivery and/or improve power quality across the grid. Graham is experienced in many different forms of distributed generation and the economic drivers that lead to their deployment.
Submitted for approval of 1 GBCI CE Hour and 1 AIA LU
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TODAY FOR ASHRAE Awards Night Monday, April 16, 2018
St. Louis Lambert International Airport – Terminal 1
Missouri Vineyards / Norton Conference Room
Special Notes for Attendees:
The event venue is located on the ticketing level of STL Lambert International Airport’s Main Terminal (Terminal 1). Please park in the Terminal 1 Garage and all attendees will have parking validation vouchers issued to them during event registration.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
4:30 PM-5:00 PM Registration and Networking with Bar
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Buffet Dinner
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM Technology Awards Presentations
7:00 PM – 7:30 PM Scholarship Award Presentations
7:30 PM – 8:00 PM Installation of Officers
Registration for this meeting is capped at 90 seats! So register NOW if you want to attend this meeting!
Chapter Members Cost $0.00*
* when chapter dues paid
Non-Members Cost $25.00
Cash, Credit Card, or Check, on arrival,
Or – Credit Cards w/ Online payment.
Everyone must register even if you have paid local dues.
ONLINE: Click on hyperlink below or copy and paste the URL into your browser: http://ashrae-stl.org/registration/ Please make sure that you fill in all the information requested, press ‘submit’ and then complete the form to the point where you hit ‘confirm’. Thank you.
PHONE: Must be called into 314-925-4818, no later than noon, Friday, April 13th, 2018. This number is in operation 24 hours a day. CANCELLATION: You may cancel up to 8:00am on Monday before the meeting. If not canceled by this point you will be responsible for the meeting cost of $25.
PDH CERTIFICATES: Will be emailed to attendees as requested during online registrations.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TODAY FOR THE MARCH TOUR NIGHT.
Date: March 19, 2018
Location: Schneider Electric’s Technology Center, O’Fallon , MO 63368
4:00 PM– 4:30 PM Registration & Networking
Heavy hors d’oeuvres / drinks in Atrium
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM Networking
Heavy hors d’oeuvres / drinks in Atrium
5:00 PM – 7:15 PM Tour
Housekeeping Items – explain campus, why SETC was built, general welcome
7:15 PM Wrap-up in Atrium