McClure Engineering is one of St. Louis’ most trusted and respected design & consulting MEP engineering firms. Established in 1953 and 100% employee owned, McClure has built its reputation on providing the most innovative building and campus system solutions to a broad base of clients. In turn, employees enjoy working on a variety of challenging projects in a collaborative team environment involving institutional, industrial, healthcare and large commercial buildings. The firm offers a complete line of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Acoustics/AV, Lighting Design and Commissioning engineering services by a deep bench of talented individuals who believe engineering excellence is driven by the fundamentals of math and science and an intuition about all things mechanical/electrical.
McClure Engineering is currently seeking an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to work alongside other talented engineers dedicated to engineering excellence on a wide range of projects involving complex building and campus systems. The ideal candidate will enjoy coordinating with the other disciplines and team members assigned to their projects as well as continued learning to ensure the best engineering solutions are provided. The McClure team takes pride in the depth and breadth of knowledge on its bench and believes engineering excellence is driven by the fundamentals of math and science along with the intuition about all things mechanical/electrical.
- Engineering – Perform necessary engineering functions required for the project (field investigation, load calculations, equipment selection, system diagrams, sequence of operation and control diagrams, layouts, and specifications), while coordinating with designers, drafters, and engineers. Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems. Review drawings for proper practices, quality, and consistency with office design standards.
- Construction administration – Conduct pre-bid and construction meetings, reviewing shop drawings, resolving construction and owner issues, reviewing pay applications and close-out documents, performing progress and punchlist inspections.
- Project Management – Organize project management activities – reviewing and updating the budget, preparing and updating a project schedule, and establishing project communications, standards and files as necessary
- Communication – Effectively coordinate with internal and external members of the design team, including firm staff, owners, architects, and other consultants.
- Development – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- B.S.M.E. from an accredited university
- 5+ years of relevant mechanical engineering design with a focus on HVAC and Plumbing systems design, required
- Experience selecting equipment and troubleshooting systems preferred
- Institutional/Commercial building design experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses:
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a professional engineering license
- 90% indoors at firm’s facility
- 10% indoors or outdoors at project or construction sites where hard-hat is often required. Personal Protective Equipment is provided by firm.
McClure Engineering is an “Employer of Choice” repeatedly named one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces and Healthiest Employers! While being a leader in the engineering industry, McClure’s corporate culture promotes work-life balance and fun with a wide-array of company sponsored activities such as annual float trips, summer softball games, barbecues, corporate massages, traveling nurses and cardio, weight & relaxation rooms with on-site showers available to employees and their families. Additionally, McClure offers an extremely comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time-off, support for on-going learning and development, superior wellness program, free sodas, casual dress work environment and stable retirement (401k) plan and stock purchase program to promote financial security.
How to Apply:
Online: http://www.mcclureeng.com/careers/ Or
Contact: Lauren Morris, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org 314-645-6232