Next Meeting Announcement
‘R’ in ASHRAE
- Date: December 5th, 2016
- Location: Spazio Westport, 12031 Lackland Rd. in St. Louis, MO 63146
- 10:15am – 10:45am Registration & Networking
- 10:45am-11:45am Tech Session: “Refrigerant Safety – Inside and Outside the Machinery Room”
- 11:45am-1:10pm Lunch and Main Session: “Understanding safety relief systems”
Featuring Douglas T. Reindl, Ph.D., PE, Professor at University of Wisconsin – Madison. Douglas is a professor in the Departments of Engineering Professional Development and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition, he is the founding director of the Industrial Refrigeration Consortium (IRC) at the UW. He received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology from the Milwaukee School of Engineering and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Wisconsin and presently serves on the Board of Directors of the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration.
Welcome to the New Members!
Welcome them at our next meeting!
- Joshua Chandler
- Ryan Goewert
- Brian Lohe – Burns & McDonnell
- Sean Fruin – KAI
- John Schilling – Renewaire, LLC
- James Lablance – BRiC Partnership
- Zach Melber – Behrmann Company
- Matt Callaway – Hunter Engineering
- Carly Little
- Bruce Levitt – Etegra, Inc.
- Marco Antonio Tamayo – Victaulic
Thanks for coming!
Thank you to everyone who attended HRATEC and the October meeting – see you at the next one!
Save the Date!
BRiC Partnership, is a vibrant mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and technology engineering firm with offices in Bellville, Illinois; Springfield, Illinois; Kirkwood, Missouri and Evansville, Indiana. We serve a variety of clients in the educational, healthcare, governmental and commercial markets.
- 3+ years experience
- BS in mechanical or architectural engineering
- Ability to work independently on assignments under guidance of senior staff
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit design software
- Experience with Trane Trace load calculation software and energy analysis programs for LEED
Minimum Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for projects from schematic design through construction
- Load calculations
- Layout and sizing of systems
- Specification editing
- Coordination with architects and owners
- Shop drawing review
- Verification of existing site conditions (including documentation of systems above ceilings, on roofs, etc.)
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. E/O/E. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PE Refresher Course
Are you or a colleague preparing to take the PE exam next spring? If so, consider taking the Professional Engineer Refresher Course, organized by MSPE, ASCE, and the St. Charles County Community College. The mechanical course is taught by ASHRAE member Al Black.
Please download the brochure if interested: brochure-mspe-refresher-spring-2017.
This course is not affiliated with ASHRAE St. Louis Chapter. This information is provided as a service to the chapter membership.
Read more about Chad – our Technology Awards Chair!