What you will do
The Account Executive is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our expansion into direct sales of HVAC Equipment locally we are adding new sales executives to our team. This is based in our St. Louis MO office and serves our existing territory which includes Southern IL and Eastern MO. You will be calling on Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractor accounts selling our entire HVAC Equipment portfolio. Looking for a seasoned HVAC sales professional who will develop this territory and grow the business.
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls/York HVAC Equipment offerings to Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractors. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to the construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners.
How you will do it
• Actively participate on select key and target customer account teams; obtain and close sales on a monthly basis; achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Build partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of HVAC Equipment offerings. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within assigned accounts.
• Utilizes sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increase business opportunities across all assigned accounts.
• With assigned contractors, consistently perform take-offs and bid on projects encompassing the full spectrum JCI offerings.
• Target new customers based on account management and market strategies.
• Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls as a total building environment supplier.
• Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractor accounts while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on all opportunities to allow the customer to achieve their business objectives.
• Builds partnering relationships with the owner construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Control offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
• Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with our strategy. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls.
• Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
• Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction and effectively address issues.
• You will work at times with other sales representatives and/or agents partnering to maximize sales.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Five years of successful field sales experience in HVAC building systems
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business
• Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
Link to apply